There is an increasing number of alerts and reported outbreaks of foodborne viruses in food of non-animal origin. Viruses mostly associated with viral foodborne illnesses and outbreaks are Norovirus (NoV) and Hepatitis A virus (HAV).
Noroviruses have been recognized worldwide as a leading cause of foodborne gastroenteritis over the last decade. HAV causes very severe inflammation of the liver (hepatitis). However, HAV is mainly a problem in developing countries and should be taken into consideration when importing food products originating from these countries. The WHO provide a map with an overview of the estimated Hepatitis A virus prevalence.
A broad range of foods have been implicated in NoV/HAV foodborne outbreaks:
- shellfish (e.g. oysters, mussels), crustaceans and their products;
- fruits - mainly berries - and vegetables (fresh and frozen);
- unpasteurized fruit and vegetable juices;
- ready-to-eat food.
There is actually no European legislation in place for Norovirus and Hepatitis A virus in fresh produce. However there are scientific opinions made by EFSA.
Our detection procedure is based on the ISO Technical Specification 15216, describing a quantitative and qualitative horizontal method for determination of HAV and NoV in food using RT-qPCR (ISO/TS 15216:2).
For the samples, we talk mainly about fresh produce and fruits and about processed fruits and vegetables.
We are the first lab in Bulgaria that will receive the ISO 17025 accreditation for virological analysis (Hepatitis A and Norovirus) in food and feed. We expect to receive the new accreditation certificate by Belac in the first quarter of 2017.
Državni i verski praznici 2022
Due to the year end, Primoris Bulgaria is closed on the following days:
- 24, 25, 26 December - Christmas
Launch of accredited analyses on 3-MCPD, 2-MCPD and GE in vegetable oils and fats
As from now on, Primoris is also your partner for high quality and accredited analyses on 3-MCPD, 2-MCPD and glycidyl esters (GE) in vegetable oils and fats.
Lansiranje visoko pouzdanih analiza mineralnih ulja ugljovodonika u hrani
Od ponedeljka 29.01.2018, proširili smo naše usluge sa visoko pouzdanim i akreditovanim analizama mineralnih ulja ugljovodonika (MOH) u hrani:
- MOSH: mineralno ulje zasićenih ugljovodonika
- POSH: poiolefiski oligomeri zasićenih ugljovodonika (blisko povezanih sa MOSH. POSH i MOSH se uvek izveštavaju zajedno)
- MOAH: mineralno ulje aromatičnih ugljovodonika
NOVO u našem portfolio: tropan alkaloidi
21. avgusta dodali smo analize tropan alkaloida: atropine and scopolamine našem portfoliju.Ove analize su bitne za klijente koji rade sa prosoom, sirkom, heljdom, dodatcima ishrani, (biljem) biljnim čajevima, legumnim povrćem, graškastim biljem, uljaricama i njihovim derivatima.